Honors Thesis Presentations

by Lindsey Lee

Hello from Thesis Land! Since this is my first blog entry, I’ll start with introducing myself. I am Lindsey Lee (she/her), Honors Thesis Advisor and an adjunct in the English Department. I graduated from Pace Honors in 2006, then got a masters from NYU in 2008 and one from Bard College in 2010. I think of myself as a lifelong English major because I love the written word. Though, to be clear, until recently I only read science fiction and fantasy, but have been reading a ton of romance novels since the pandemic. If I were doing my thesis now, I’d be tempted to write about the ways romance novels can either uphold or subvert/reject the patriarchy and toxic masculinity. But thankfully, I’m not. I am also a crafter who does cross stitch, crocheting, quilting, sewing, and anything else that keeps my hands busy while I watch tv. 

As someone who was an honors student and has been working with honors students since 2017, I understand how good we are at being stressed. One thing I know for sure is that students stress about the thesis. Recently a student told me that he started stressing about the thesis before he even started at Pace. I have a lot to say about stress and the honors thesis and hope to write more about that later, but in this introductory statement I just want to suggest one thing. The best way to make the thesis process less scary is to see what it looks like. 

And how can you do that? You can come to the thesis presentations! Dec 13, 16, and 17 thirty-three of your fellow honors students will be presenting their honors theses. We have theses from most of the majors, so if you want to prevent the thesis from turning into The Great Unknown, come see a few this December. Here’s a link to the schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJYt3YnxLY9T6KYabEZSkMwWCa5ira_47G8bTF-VkZM/edit?usp=sharing

Finally, please know that at any time you can schedule a meeting with me to chat about the thesis (llee2@pace.edu) or drop by my office in w207c.