NYC’s Hidden Coffee Spot 

Throughout the year, I’ve been hiding what might be my favorite study spot I have found in New York City thus far. All of the cafes I have written about this year are certainly ones I still go to when I want to switch it up, but this one has to be my all-time favorite. It is a unique spot unlike any other I have been to before, and one that all Pace students are sure to love! 

After a short 10-minute walk from One Pace Plaza, you come across the entrance to the delicious coffee shop that is Blue Bottle Coffee! This coffee shop is located at 396 Broadway and is in the same building as the Walker Hotel Tribeca. Upon entering, the smell of espresso and delicious food immediately hits you as you get in line to see what you would like to order.  

Blue Bottle Coffee is a chain located all over the world and is especially distinct due to their unique espresso. They sell simple drinks like lattes, matchas, and coffees, as well as some pastries and hot food items. My personal go-to order is the iced sweet latte with a ham and Swiss baguette. Unfortunately, this café is on the pricier side, but the experience is worth it! 

Unlike the other locations, this Blue Bottle is in the same building as the Walker Hotel in Tribeca which allows for a combined workspace between the two. There are comfortable sofas, chairs, tables, and benches to sit at and enjoy your drink of choice while you do your work or catch up with a friend. The work space is large and is filled with people who are on their laptops doing some homework and people who are there to hang out with a friend! The free Wi-Fi is undoubtedly a plus as well.

I would say that the best time to go to this café is near closing time, which is 7pm. Once the café is done for the day, they close their curtains that connect them to the Walker Hotel and the busy workspace turns into a cozy, warm lit study spot! The hotel/café turns on ambient lighting, lights candles, and plays soft music—the perfect atmosphere for getting work done! The busy New York aesthetic is no longer, and the cafe feels calm. I usually stay for about a couple hours after Blue Bottle closes, which gives me the perfect amount of time to be productive.  

In addition to always being productive here, this is a great place for group studying or even doing homework with a friend! There are plenty of large couches or tables to sit at with a friend and motivate each other to get work done. This café is a win-win for everyone, whether you are looking to study by yourself or with a couple of friends! All Pace students are sure to love this hidden gem!