Pacegiving

If you missed out on this year’s Pacegiving, you missed out on some really good food. This year was my first Pacegiving and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. It was definitely a nice change from eating cold chicken nuggets and burnt bagels from the dining hall. As someone who does not particularly like traditional thanksgiving food, I was happy to see that they were providing more options to choose from. My personal favorites were the spinach and feta pastry, mashed potatoes, green beans, and red velvet cupcakes.

One downfall was how long the line was; it snaked around the whole room. Luckily my friends and I were some of the first people to get in line, so we were able to get first dibs on everything.  The line did move surprisingly fast despite the limited number of people working and handing out the food. Next year I suggest getting there early if you do not want to wait in line for a while or want first dibs on the dessert options.

In order to attend this year’s event, you had to either bring a non-perishable food item or one dollar to go towards food donations. My friends and I decided to bring ramen, granola bars, and canned soups as our contribution to the food drive. There were a lot of donations at the end of the night as well as cash donations. 

My favorite part about this event was the community aspect. As someone who will not be going home this year for Thanksgiving, it was nice to be able to attend this year and indulge in the feeling of family and community. I definitely will be attending next year and I suggest you do too.