Halloween Movie Night: Full of Spooky Surprises

By Janet Gerges ‘26

You can always count on Honors to throw a great movie night, and boy did they do it again! This past Thursday, in preparation for Halloween, we had a spooky-themed movie night in the Honors Lounge. The evening was full of competitions, games, crafts, and Halloweentown (one of my FAVORITE Halloween movies); it was tons of Honors Family fun!

Immediately when walking into the Honors Lounge, it felt spooky and exciting given the decorations and treats laid out for us. We enjoyed Frankenberry cereal, which definitely added to the event’s atmosphere. Since this movie night was also a costume party, we started off with a contest to vote on whose costume was the scariest, the cutest, and the most original. That wasn’t the only competition of the night though; we were divided into groups of four and handed toilet paper to compete in a mummy-wrapping match! We all had five minutes to wrap one person in toilet paper, and then we all voted on which was the best mummy. My group wrapped me up as a mummy, and the people later decided that we won! After that, the movie started, and we could either draw on pumpkins, decorate Halloween cookies, or play “candy corn bowling” with Halloweentown streaming in the background. I drew on a plastic pumpkin, which I am now using as dorm decor until further notice!

Needless to say, this event was tons of fun and got everyone interacting. Honors movie nights are always about more than just the movies; they’re about having a blast with your peers and getting closer to everyone involved. I hope that everyone who went to the movie night had just as much of an entertaining time as I did, and to all the mummies I beat out… you were wrapped wonderfully as well!