Halloween Murder Mystery Night with Honors

by Kelly Filipczuk ’24

Murder at Beekman Manner Mystery Night proved to be an exciting experience that brought out the inner detective of all attendants! Volunteers from the Honors Advisory Board decorated three rooms on the third floor at Pace; all contained hidden clues that aided in figuring out who committed the outlined crime. Groups were given a folder that housed maps and additional information pertinent to the case. In supervising one of the decorated rooms, I got to see fun memories in the making. Murder Mystery Night allowed the attending students to take a break from the hectic weeks that surround midterms. During times of intense review, it’s important to make yourself a priority. This can be done by connecting with other students and being in the moment at events just like Murder Mystery Night. This event gave me the reason I needed to leave my apartment. I got to meet some amazing people that I never would have seen had I stayed home!

I always used to worry about going to honors events and not knowing anyone. Many people feel uncomfortable in such situations. It’s relatively easy to worry that the atmosphere will be awkward. Murder Mystery Night at honors, however, fostered new connections. All individuals were placed in groups. So, it did not matter if someone came alone. Rather than thinking negatively about not knowing anyone, we can rephrase our thoughts to ones that celebrate opportunities for new friendships and shared experiences.

Above is a picture of a table decorated in one of the three rooms at Murder Mystery Night. This room contained a hidden clue somewhere close to this spot!

Above is a picture of one of the groups that attended this event! These individuals did an amazing job in communicating. This ultimately led them to find a clue within this room!