Q&A with Adina Pitt of WarnerMedia

by Niyati Gandhi ‘21

On Monday, March 29, 2021, I attended the Q&A with WarnerMedia hosted by The Industry Network for Arts & Entertainment Management. The guest speaker was Adina Pitt, who is VP/Lead Content Acquisitions, Partnerships, & Co-Productions at WarnerMedia. In this role, she handles “anything the studio doesn’t make as an original.” She has a lot of experience in the entertainment industry, especially television, as she previously worked at HBO and Nickelodeon. Pitt described her career journey, explaining how she ended up in acquisitions. She started as assistant to the head of acquisitions at HBO, who chose movies for the company. This job intrigued her because it combined creativity with business. This detail stood out to me because I would also like to combine creativity and business in my future career. I had not considered that acquisitions could fit my goals until this event. It helped me realize that there are more career options I might enjoy and I should explore them to find the best fit. Pitt even said, “If you’re willing to try something new, you might find something interesting.” She encourages exploring new career paths because that is the only way to find out what you truly enjoy. Who knows, I could even end up in acquisitions someday!